The NYS Veterans Homes provide high quality care to residents at each of the four Department of Health-operated facilities, located in Batavia, Oxford, Montrose and St. Albans, New York. We work to maintain pristine facilities and to deliver the highest standard of living for our residents through a well-trained and highly appreciated workforce. Our success is based on our employees’ dedication and commitment to excellence. We strive to maintain high-performing staff that continually supports the best quality of life for residents.
As part of the New York State Department of Health, our facilities offer competitive salaries, full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement plan, generous leave programs, full and part time shifts, and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
We frequently recruit for a wide-array of positions ranging from nursing and other resident facing roles such as food service and housekeeping, to administration, finance and facility maintenance.
To view our current vacancies, please visit the following link:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Twelve (12) paid holidays yearly
- Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave yearly
- Five (5) days of paid personal leave yearly
- Eight (8) days of paid sick leave yearly
- Up to three (3) days of professional leave yearly to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
- Employees and eligible dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
- Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
- New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
- NYS Deferred Compensation
- Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Additional educational opportunities & trainee opportunities
- Union benefits such as educational tuition support
Please visit the following link for more information about benefits: Employee Benefit Programs (goer.ny.gov)
NYS Veterans Home Human Resources Contacts
If you would like to speak with someone at one of the respective facilities about employment opportunities or professional life at one of the NYS Veterans Homes, please contact a facility representative using the contact information below.